US and Canada draw 1-1 in World Cup Qualifier
In the 62nd minute, Cyle Larin scored for Canada to level with the United States Men’s National Team 1-1 in the Concacaf World Cup qualifying match in Nashville, Tennessee.
The US team was set on refining their attack and took the shot in the 55th minute, with Brenden Aaronson flying into the box and sliding home a cross that couldn’t be stopped by Canadian goalkeeper Milan Borjan.
The Canadians were able to even out the score just seven minutes later when Larin took an assist from Alphonso Davis and kicked the ball home at close range.
No wins for both the US and Canada
It was the second consecutive draw for both teams. The US drew 0-0 with El Salvador in their opening match, while Canada tied with Honduras 1-1 on Thursday in their first foray into the final round of the World Cup Qualifiers for the first time since 1997.
The road to Qatar 2022
Mexico sits on top of the table of eight teams with six points, followed by Panama with four. The United States, Canada, Honduras, and El Salvador are in a four-way tie with two points.
The three teams with the highest number of points will automatically qualify for Qatar 2022, while the team in fourth place will have an intercontinental playoff for another slot in the World Cup.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass