Vietnam 0-1 Australia: Grant off the mark to secure perfect 10 for Socceroos
Australia have won 10 World Cup qualifying matches in a row after beating Vietnam 1-0 on Tuesday. The Socceroos maintain pole position in Group B.
Rhyan Grant scored his first international goal as Australia sealed a 10th consecutive World Cup qualifying win with a 0-1 victory over Vietnam. The defender nodded home in the 43rd minute after Ajdin Hrustic's searching cross picked him out at the back post.
Australia make it two wins from two
It maintained the Socceroos' perfect qualifying record on the road to Qatar 2022.
Grant was an unlikely match-winner, opening his account on the occasion of his 14th cap with what proved to be the visitors' only shot on target at an empty My Dinh Stadium. Despite appearing a little shot-shy on this outing, Graham Arnold's men have scored 32 goals in their winning streak, while Tuesday's clean sheet means they have conceded only twice.
Next up Oman and Japan
Arnold's men resume their qualifying campaign with games against Oman and Japan next month.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Why did WHO skip letter Xi and name Omicron the new covid variant?
- NFL What is Dak Prescott contract with Dallas Cowboys? salary and duration
- US NEWS Shooting in Oxford, Michigan high school: how many victims and who is the suspect?
- CHRISTMAS NYC Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting: times, price tickets, TV and how to watch
- COVID-19 How many Covid-19 variants have been there besides Omicron? what are their differences?
- NFL Why are the Green Bay Packers called cheeseheads? What kind of cheese are the cheeseheads?