CALIFORNIA RECALL ELECTION 2021
How to find the nearest ballot drop box near me in California
Voting in the California recall and looking to send in your ballot? Our team took a look at the best way to find the closest drop box to your house.
With just days left to vote in the California Gubernatorial recall election, many are rushing to fill in their ballots and send them off.
In February 2021, the state’s legislature passed a bill mandating that all registered voters be sent a mail-in ballot for statewide elections; this includes recall elections.
How to send in a mail-in ballot
Mail-in ballots are sent with a pre-paid envelope which can be dropped in any postal box. For the vote to be counted, the envelope in which the ballot is contained must be signed.
The vote will be counted as long as the ballot is postmarked by 14 September.
Read more on the California Recall Election
- Gov. Newsom polled to survive recall bid
- When was the last Governor recalled in California? How many times has it happened?
- How does the California recall election affect the rest of the United States?
- How can I check if my ballot was received in California?
- Unvaccinated students to be refused entry to Los Angeles schools
Ballot drop boxes
Additionally, voters can drop their ballots off at secure drop boxes. Voters can find their polling locations and drop box locations through a platform administered by the Secretary of State. By using this tool, users can find drop boxes and early voting locations.
Election Day for the #2021CARecall is Tuesday! But don’t wait to vote. You can return your ballot today by mail, official drop box, county elections office or polling location. Find your early voting options at https://t.co/RPE2gY5ngy #VoteSafeCA pic.twitter.com/1wv6prVqzy— CA SOS Vote (@CASOSvote) September 12, 2021
Some counties, like Los Angles, have put together their own tools to help residents find the nearest dropbox. Users can put in their address, and the tool will show them the closest boxes in their area.
The February voting law mandates that these boxes be open until 8 PM on Election Day. The ballots left at these locations are picked up regularly by two Election Workers to prevent fraud. The boxes also must be monitored by the County who typically partners with local law enforcement and community-based organizations.
Same-day voter registration
Polling places in communities across the state will also be open on 14 September for those looking to cast their vote in person. California is also one of twenty states to offer same-day voter registration. Those who have not registered or need to reregister can do so at a polling location on election day.
According to the California Secretary of State, the votes of those who register the same day “will be processed and counted once the county elections office has completed the voter registration verification process.”
What questions are on the ballot?
The California recall election is formally known as a simultaneous recall election. Under this process, voters are asked to vote on two questions. Voters respond YES or NO to the question of if they would like to recall the governor, in this case, Gavin Newsom. The second question asks voters to state the candidate they would like to see replace the governor should the YES votes form the majority.
**Follow our live coverage of the 2021 California Gubernatorial Recall Election for more information on voting, the status of the race, and the candidates.**
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?