FC Dallas confirms the departure of manager Luchi Gonzalez
The bosses at FC Dallas have not been happy with the work of Luchi González this season and decided to terminate his contract after the 3-2 loss to Houston.
FC Dallas lost on the road 3-2 against Houston Dynamos this weekend and the result cost their manager Luchi Gonzalez his job. The senior bosses at the club decided to terminate his contract after losing this Texas Derby and appointed Marco Ferruzzi as the interim head coach.
Official statement from FC Dallas
“We made the tough decision to part ways with Luchi after a great deal of thought and deliberation. We believe a coaching change is in the best interest of the club at this time to help us achieve our goals,” said FC Dallas President Dan Hunt. “I want to thank Luchi for everything he has done for this organization. We wish him all the best.”
Gonzalez was appointed as head coach on 16 December 2018 and he managed to take Dallas to the playoffs in each of his first two seasons. He leaves the job with an all-time record of 28W-29D-25L in regular season and 6W-11D-9L in the playoffs.
This will be the third time Ferruzzi takes over as interim head coach and Gonzalez becomes the third manager to be fired in the current Major League Soccer season. Toronto FC appointed Javier Pérez and Atlanta United gave Gonzalo Pineda the managerial job earlier this year.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers