Towns shocked as Rosas let go of front office role in Minnesota
The Minnesota Timberwolves have parted ways with president of basketball operations Gresson Rosas. Rosas joined the Minnesota in the May of 2019.
Karl-Anthony Towns posted a single-word explicit tweet apparently in response to the Minnesota Timberwolves' decision to fire Gersson Rosas.
Rosas gone after two years
The Timberwolves parted company with Rosas on Wednesday after just over two years with the NBA team as president of basketball operations.
Reports said Rosas was holding meetings within the organisation as recently as Wednesday morning, meaning his dismissal prompted shock throughout the team – including from two-time All-Star Towns.
Owner Glen Taylor said: "As an organisation, we remain committed to building a winning team that our fans and city can be proud of."
wtf…— Karl-Anthony Towns (@KarlTowns) September 22, 2021
A-Rod one of T'Wolves soon-to-be owners
Taylor is in the process of selling the team, with Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore set to arrive.
The Timberwolves have played only one postseason series since 2004 and showed few signs of progress on the court with Rosas at the helm.
As well as Towns, Minnesota have 2020 first overall pick Anthony Edwards on their roster, but a big front office restructure comes as a surprise as training camp approaches.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game
- MEDICARE Does Medicare cover hearing aids or eye exams?
- US LOTTERY How is Powerball paid out?
- NFL Ravens' QB Lamar Jackson passes Dan Marino to set new record
- NFL Player ratings for the Cardinals vs Browns game | NFL Week 6
- MLB Dodgers vs Braves: times, TV channel, radio and how to watch Game 2 online tonight