PSG given Messi boost ahead of Man City Champions League tie
Leo Messi joined full training with his PSG teammates on Sunday, two days before a crucial Champions League clash with Manchester City.
PSG have received a squad boost ahead of their first Champions League group stage match against Manchester City with the news that Leo Messi could be fit to face his old boss Pep Guardiola from the outset on Tuesday. The Argentina Captain has been unavailable for Mauricio Pochettino’s side for the last two Ligue 1 games against Metz and Montpellier but trained with the rest of his teammates on Sunday morning as he continues his recovery from a knee injury.
PSG are currently two points adrift of City in Group A after being held in the opening round of fixtures by Club Brugge and will be after a positive result against the Premier League champions at the Parc des Princes. According to RMC Sport, Messi will undergo further tests on his knee on Sunday following PSG’s morning session to determine his availability for Tuesday.
Verratti could be back in PSG midfield for City game
In more good news for PSG, Marco Verratti also joined training on Sunday at the club’s Camp des Loges facility. The influential Italy midfielder was injured on international duty during the last round of World Cup qualifiers and could also make Pochettino’s squad for the City game.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2