Nuggets provide maximum contract extension to their starting small forward
The star's agent has verified that Michael Porter Jr has accepted a contract extension with the Denver Nuggets to get him approximately $207million.
Priority Sports announced on social media that their client, basketball star Michael Porter Jr, has accepted a five-year contract extension with the Denver Nuggets that could pay him up to $207million.
In further reports, the main clause of the contract stated that Porter's extension would max out if he makes the All-NBA first, second or third team this season. If not, he will earn $172m throughout the deal.
During his previous years with the Nuggets, Porter has had repeating back issues that have restricted him to 116 regular-season games over three NBA seasons. Denver management clearly considered his production and potential were deserving of the risk.
The 23-year-old averaged 19.0 points and 7.3 rebounds in 31.3 minutes per game last season – nearly doubling his average minutes from the prior season after sitting out all of 2018-19 following surgery.
The belief is that he is just starting to pat toward his potential as a match-up nightmare who can shoot from anywhere on the floor.
Porter has shot better than 40 per cent from three-point range in his first two NBA seasons (42.2 and 44.5). The only other active players to do that are Golden State's "Splash Brothers", Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson.
Porter is the fourth member of the 2018 NBA Draft class to reach a max extension this off-season, following Luka Doncic with the Dallas Mavericks, Trae Young with the Atlanta Hawks and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander with the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2