Christian Pulisic attended the NFL match in London on Sunday
The United States men’s national team star attended Tottenham Hotspur stadium to see how the Atlanta Falcons defeated the New York Jets 27-20.
Christian Pulisic has been dealing with an ankle injury since he played with the United States men’s national team on 8 September in the 4-1 road victory against Honduras in the World Cup qualifiers. That same night he returned to London, but was unable to reach full fitness with Chelsea.
The United States international has only played one league game with Chelsea this season. In that game he scored in the 3-0 victory against Crystal Palace, but since then he has missed six straight games. Two were because he tested positive for coronavirus and the last three due to the ankle injury.
Message to the fans
The 22-year-old did not receive a call up from the USMNT for the October international window so he had some free time and decided to attend the NFL game in London on Sunday afternoon. Pulisic was at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium to see how the Atlanta Falcons defeated the New York Jets 27-20. This was the first NFL game in London since 2019 and the third one to be played in that venue.
"It was really special.," Pulisic told SNY after the match. "When I heard they were going to be in London, I had to make sure I was at the game. It was a tough result but still just a really cool experience."
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22