Inter Miami: Phil Neville wants MLS to investigate referees
Last weekend, the team owned by David Beckham lost 1-0 to the New York Red Bulls and the manager said that they ‘got cheated’ after the match.
Inter Miami CF is having a rollercoaster of a season and after losing 1-0 to New York Red Bulls over the weekend they sit in 11th place in the Easter Conference with 32 points. They look to be out of the playoff picture and their chances to book a ticket are very slim with six games left in the regular season.
Neville said they ‘got cheated’
The manager of Inter Miami, Phil Neville, has requested Major League Soccer open up an investigation after his side lost 1-0 on 9 October. The English manager went crazy when the referees ruled out Gonzalo Higuain’s goal that would’ve equalized the game. This was Inter Miami’s fifth consecutive defeat.
"I'm just going to go full barrel. We got cheated in Portland and we've been again tonight [Saturday)," he said. "I don't want to sound like a broken record but something is fundamentally wrong with the way referees treat Inter Miami.
"We're playing in one of the best leagues in the world and I'm having a great experience, but ultimately I've got a dressing room that's asking real, real questions about the integrity of this league in terms of the decisions we keep getting.
"There has to be a massive investigation into the decisions given against Inter Miami. We want this to be the best league in the world, but we've got decisions like that." The team managed by Neville are eight points behind the playoff picture and they will return back to action on 16 October to play Columbus on the road.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play