Golden State Stimulus
What is the deadline to file taxes in California and receive a stimulus check?
October 15 is the deadline for filing your 2020 tax return in time to receive Golden State Stimulus II, but it will still take more than a month to arrive.
Only residents earning adjusted gross income (AGI) of $30,000 or less were eligible to receive the first Golden State Stimulus check. But for Golden State Stimulus II, the eligibility requirements have been extended to those earning up to $75,000 (AGI).
You only need to have been a California resident for more than half of the 2020 tax year to qualify for the $600 payment, though you must still be a state resident on the date your payment is issued and you must have filed your tax return by October 15 2021. Residents who claim at least one dependent will receive an additional $500, meaning they will receive a total of $1,100.
The amount you qualify for can be estimated by using the California government website.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance in California: how to apply and deadline
- Fourth stimulus check and own payments update by state: how's the situation in every one?
- California stimulus check: how many more payments remain to be sent in 2021?
- Third batch of California stimulus checks: how to check if I received it?
What happens if you file your tax return after October 15?
If you do not file your taxes in time then you will be unable to claim the stimulus. As simple as that.
Basically you just have Thursday October 14, the day after this is published, to file your taxes in time to receive your money.
How many checks have been sent?
More than 3 million checks have been sent directly to people's bank accounts in three batches on August 27, September 17 and October 6. A new batch will be sent every two weeks until all recipients have received their checks.
Physical Check Schedule
Last 3 digits of ZIP code
|10/04/2021 through 10/22/2021|
|10/18/2021 through 11/05/2021|
|11/1/2021 through 11/19/2021|
|11/15/2021 through 12/03/2021|
|11/29/2021 through 12/17/2021|
|12/13/2021 through 12/31/2021|
October 6 was the first day that mail checks are being sent, with the first ones arriving based on your California zip code. This will continue until the end of 2021. Expect at least a two-week wait for the checks to arrive in the post.
If you filed your tax return after September 1 then there is an extra 45-day wait for your information to be processed. If you don't receive the payment in the allotted time frame, then it is possible to contact the California Franchise Tax Board.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check Update: what's the situation in every state?
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- US NEWS Camera crew walk-off in the hours before Alec Baldwin fatally shot Halyna Hutchins
- US NEWS What states saw the highest number of workers quit this summer?