MLB playoffs 2021: Schwarber celebrates history-making slam
The Boston Red Sox made history against the Houston Astros on Monday, with Kyle Schwarber savouring a moment to remember.
Kyle Schwarber was in jubilant mood after smashing a record-making homer in the Boston Red Sox's 12-3 defeat of the Houston Astros in Game 3 of their American League Championship Series at Fenway Park. Schwarber hit another grand slam for the Red Sox, who now lead the Astros 2-1, making them the first MLB team to hit three slams in a single series having hit two in Game 2.
The Red Sox are the first team to have three slams in the postseason since the 1998 Atlanta Braves. J.D. Martinez and Rafael Devers achieved slams in the second game, while Schwarber cleared the bases in the second inning on Monday in Boston and he revelled in a moment of glory.
What a feeling
"These are the moments that you are never going to forget as a player," Schwarber said. "This is what we live for. We live to be in the postseason. When you get that first taste, that first experience, you want to keep coming. You want more. It's an addictive feeling, and especially where it's just rocking the whole time and it's rowdy. That gave me a headache, and I loved it. I loved every second of it."
Asked if a slam was on his mind as he stepped up to the plate, Schwarber replied: "You are trying to get at least one, and not going up there thinking home run. That could turn into a pop-up or something like that, so just trying to not be late. You know a heater is coming there, and just go from there."
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play