Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
The Argentine striker had a great performance against Cincinnati over the weekend with a goal and three assists to give Inter Miami all three points.
Inter Miami CF has very few possibilities to make it to the 2021 MLS Cup playoffs this season, but they will fight all the way with three games remaining in the regular campaign. The team owned by David Beckham defeated Cincinnati 5-1 over the weekend to earn three crucial points.
Higuaín keeps playoffs hopes alive
The Argentine striker is helping the team earn as many points as possible in order to keep fighting to enter the playoff picture. Gonzalo Higuaín scored a goal and provided three assists against Cincinnati.
After a dominant performance over the weekend, the Inter Miami striker was named in the MLS Team of the Week for week 32 of the season. This is the fourth time this campaign that he has been included in this select group of players and he earned the Man of the Match honors on Saturday.
His brother, Federico, also had a great performance against Cincinnati with one goal and one assist, for Gonzalo, in the 53rd minute. The older Higuaín was named on the bench of the MLS Team of the Week and that marked just the third time in the league’s history that a pair of brothers found the back of the net in the same game for the same team.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 How long after the booster shot are you fully vaccinated?
- COVID-19 What is the natural rate of unemployment formula?
- NFL Which QB has the most 400 yard passing games in the NFL?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano injures himself performing classic goal celebration
- LALIGA Barcelona: Gavi taken to hospital with concussion
- NBA LeBron James 'frustrated' and 'angry' with covid-19 protocols