Mbappé and Messi lose Neymar as Pochettino makes PSG plans
Head coach Mauricio Pochettino expressed sympathy for the injured Neymar but backed PSG to cope in his absence with Mbappé and Messi likely to star.
Mauricio Pochettino challenged Paris Saint-Germain to adapt and find the best tactical balance in the absence of the injured Neymar.
Neymar out, no problem for PSG
The Brazil forward has been ruled out for six to eight weeks after sustaining ankle ligament damage against Saint-Etienne last weekend.
Neymar was carried off during the final stages of Sunday's 3-1 win in Ligue 1, and will not play again in 2021.
You may also enjoy:
Speaking ahead of PSG's home match against Nice on Wednesday, Pochettino expressed his sympathy for Neymar, who has registered three goals and three assists in 10 league appearances this season.
Nevertheless, the head coach insists his side must demonstrate their ability to cope during his spell on the sidelines.
"I'm sad for him because he's someone who loves to play football above all else," Pochettino said.
"We are not trying to replace Neymar, but to find solutions to have the best tactical balance.
"We feel that we are facing a challenge that makes us grow as a team and as a staff.
"These are problems that arise and to which solutions must be found.
"I think the principle of the team, of the game is going to be there.
"We will continue to develop what we want since the beginning of the year beyond the players who are there on the field."
Recommended in English
- NFL Tom Brady 'remains noncommittal’ about playing in 2022; Bruce Arians remains hopeful
- NFL What teams are left in the NFL playoffs?
- Real Madrid Benzema: "Madrid is everything to me, I feel at home here"
- SERIE A Vlahovic: Fiorentina say no offers for in-demand striker
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern want Lewandowski and Neuer to end careers in Munich
- NFL Buccaneers' Tom Brady picked up first career unsportsmanlike conduct penalty vs Rams