Barcelona €15 million away from Man City forward Ferran Torres
Manchester City want €60 million for the Spain international. Barça are offering €45 million for his services.
Barcelona have made Ferran Torres one of their main transfer targets under new boss Xavi Hernández. It was revealed several days ago that sporting director Mateu Alemany had travelled to Manchester to negotiate a deal with Manchester City.
Barça had reportedly reached an agreement with Torres, and also had City manager Pep Guardiola's approval. Ferran approached Pep about leaving and the former Barcelona boss was willing to let the attacker leave on the condition that Barça paid the asking price. "Our players will not leave for free," Guardiola said at a press conference recently.
City asking for €60 million
Mundo Deportivo reports that Barça and City are still separated by €15 million. Pep's City want to sell the former Valencia player for €60 million. Negotiations reportedly started at €70 million. The Blaugrana, who are in a particularly difficult financial situation, are offering €45 million.
The operation to land the 21-year-old appears to be complicated despite both the player and Guardiola giving the go-ahead to the move.
Recommended in English
- NFL An Eagle no more: Brandon Brooks retires
- NFL Kwesi Adofo-Mensah all set to be named Vikings GM
- NFL NFL free agency 2022: the five best available quarterbacks
- NFC Chiefs injury report: Tyrann Mathieu in concussion protocol
- NBA Where did Kobe Bryant’s “Black Mamba” nickname originate?
- NBA Mourning Kobe Bryant: what's known about the helicopter crash?