Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti looks ahead to Spanish Super Cup final
Carlo Ancelotti spoke to the media ahead of Real Madrid's Spanish Super Cup final against Athletic Club on Sunday.
Carlo Ancelotti spoke in an online press conference at the King Fahd Stadium in Riyadh ahead of Real Madrid's Spanish Super Cup final with Athletic Club on Sunday.
"We have to analyse the opposition. We know each other very well because we have played twice in a month. It's going to be a very hard-fought match, just like the previous encounters were. Our approach will be different to the semi-final because Athletic have different characteristics to Barcelona," Ancelotti said.
"I know Marcelino very well. We have a good friendship and talk a lot. I feel a special connection with him and I think he's a good coach. The matches against his teams are tough because they are organised from the first minute to the last," he continued.
Making the Super Cup final
"I'm very happy to be experiencing this run, I'm very excited. Being back in a final again is special and even more so when it's being in charge of Real Madrid. This team is used to these types of games and these moments."
Carvajal tests positive
Madrid will be without right-back Dani Carvajal for Sunday's clash. The defender, who played in the semi-final win over Barcelona, has tested positive for covid-19.
"We are used to it happening in our family and our work environment. I feel sorry for Carvajal because he did very well in the semi-final. He's feeling fine physically, but he will have to wait."
When asked about Karim Benzema, the Italian coach had the following to say: "He hasn't changed, he has kept his humility. He hasn't changed, what others see in him has changed. They see him as more of a leader. I think he is now seen differently than he was six years ago".
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22