SIGA confirm New York Female Leadership in Sport summit
The two-day event will take place in the Big Apple on March 8th and 9th with over 30 speakers confirmed for the summit.
The Sport Integrity Global Alliance (SIGA) initiative was created as a drive to create greater public awareness of Good Governance, Financial Integrity, Sports Betting Integrity, and Youth Education and Child Protection and in 2021 secured the addition of Portuguese sports dailies A Bola, O Jogo and Record, and Spanish sports daily AS as key media partners.
New York March SIGA 2022 summit
Hosted by Mastercard, one of SIGA’s Founding Members, the much-awaited Summit on Female Leadership in Sport takes place at their Technology Hub in Manhattan, New York, and is hybrid to allow participation from around the globe.
Kicking off on International Women’s Day and consisting of 10 live panels together with keynote speeches and one-to-one interviews with high profile industry leaders, the SIGA Summit addresses the most pressing challenges that impact women carving out a career, as well as those women at the top of their profession.
The first 30 thought leaders and senior industry executives SIGA is revealing are (in alphabetical order):
• Alex Scott, Former Professional Footballer | Presenter, Premier League | Pundit, BBC/Sky | Brand Ambassador, Mastercard
• Ali Braverman, Head of Revenue, Just Women’s Sports
• Alison Giordano, Vice-President, Global Sponsorships and Consumer Marketing, Mastercard | Vice-Chair, SIGA Council
• Ann Cairns, Executive Vice-Chair, Mastercard | Global Chair, 30% Club
• Ann Kletz, CEO & Co-Founder, Goal Five | Board Member, Women’s Sports Executive Network
• Assia Grazioli-Venier, Co-Founder, Muse Capital | Investor, Washington Spirit
• Cailtin Morris, Vice President, Social & Community Impact, Nike
• Cristina Ackas, Vice President, Inclusive Diversity, Octagon
• Christine Franklin, Executive Vice President, Octagon
• Cindy Kamradt, Executive Director, Stadium Planning & Special Projects, Stadium Operations, New York Yankees
• Danielle Hundt, Chief Operating Officer, Play Rugby USA
• David Haggerty, President, International Tennis Federation | Member, International Olympic Committee
• Emanuel Macedo de Medeiros, Global CEO, SIGA | Chairman & CEO, SIGA AMERICA
• Gabrielle Armand, Chief Marketing Officer, Jazz at Lincoln Center
• Jessica Berman, Deputy Commissioner, National Lacrosse League | Deputy Chair Advisory Board, SIGA AMERICA
• Jon Patricof, CEO & Co-Founder, Athletes Unlimited | Board Member, New York City Football Club
• Karin Korb, 2-time Paralympian | 10-time member of USA World Team | Member, SIGA Council | Member, SIGA Gender, Race, Diversity & Inclusion Standing Committee
• Katie Simmonds, Global COO, SIGA | Managing Director, #SIGAWomen
• Marc Riccio, CEO, USA Lacrosse | Member Advisory Board, SIGA AMERICA
• Marla Messing, Interim CEO, National Women’s Soccer League
• Megan Perry, Vice President, Executive Engagement & Women’s Initiatives, Sports Innovation Lab
• Michael Robichaud, Senior Vice-President – Global Sponsorships, Mastercard
• Neera Shetty, Executive Vice-President – Office of Social Responsibility & Inclusion | Deputy General Counsel, PGA Tour
• Randall Tucker, Chief Inclusion Officer, Mastercard
• Renee Brown, Principal CEO, Renee M. Brown Inc. | Member Advisory Board, SIGA AMERICA | Former SVP of Basketball Operations and Player Relations, WNBA
• Rich Gotham, Team President, Boston Celtics
• Sam Coghill, Vice-President, Stadium Operations, Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Dolphins
• Sandra Lopez, VP / GM / CMO, Microsoft | Board of Director, Junior Achievement USA | Member Advisory Board, SIGA AMERICA
• Shana R. Stephenson, Chief Brand Officer, NY Liberty
• Sue Campbell, Director of Women’s Football, The Football Association
This Summit is part of SIGA’s efforts to advance Good Governance in the industry and instigate positive change. SIGA is driving gender equity opportunities through its #SIGAWomen Global Mentorship Programme that is now in its fourth annual cycle.
Katie Simmonds, SIGA’s Global COO and Managing Director of the #SIGA Women Programme, stated: “This Summit on Female Leadership in Sport is testament to the powerful global community of women we are mobilising, with one purpose: to create gender equity in the boardroom of sports organisations worldwide. This is good governance in action! This is what SIGA is spearheading through our Universal Standards on Good Governance in Sport.
High calibre female leaders and male champions are answering our call, from all sides of the industry. This shows that we can win this cause. Join us in New York, make your voice heard and support our global movement. Be an agent of change.
To be able to comment you must be registered and logged in. Forgot password?