Pokémon Scarlet and Violet: how to capture an Eevee and get all of its evolutions
We’ll help you find the adorable Eevee, the Evolution Stones required, and other tips to get all 8 of its unique evolutions.
If completing the Pokédex is your main objective in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, then gathering the entire Eevee family may give you some problems, as is usual for the franchise. This is why we’ll tell you where to find them and how to make them evolve into each of its different forms: Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Umbreon, Espeon and Sylveon.
Where to find Eevee in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
You shouldn’t have too many problems to find an Eevee if you tend to visit either Area 2 (South) or Area 3 (West), although it does have a lower chance of appearing than other Pokémon. Of course, given that Eevee has 8 different evolutions, you might want to catch more than just a handful of them. The following map marks the exact zones of Paldea where Eevee has a chance to spawn.
How to get every Eevee evolution
It used to be, back in the first generation (Pokémon Red and Blue), that Eevee only had 3 different evolutions: Vaporeon, Flareon and Jolteon. As you might imagine, with every passing generation of games more variations of these evolutions have been introduced. Up until now, there are 8 different Pokémon that can evolve from Eevee. We’ll tell you everything you need to be able to attain each evolution.
- Jolteon (Electric) - You need to use a Thunder Stone on Eevee. If you capture 30 different Pokémon, you’ll get one as a reward from your Pokédex.
- Vaporeon (Water) - You need to use a Water Stone on Eevee. If you capture 80 different Pokémon, you’ll get one as a reward from your Pokédex.
- Flareon (Fire) - You need to use a Fire Stone on Eevee. If you capture 80 different Pokémon, you’ll get one as a reward from your Pokédex.
- Espeon (Psychic) - You need to raise their friendship to 160, and then level up once during the day.
- Umbreon (Dark) - You need to raise their friendship to 160, and then level up once during the night.
- Sylveon (Fairy) - You need to raise their friendship to 160, then teach it a Fairy-Type move. Once you do, just level it up once and they’ll evolve.
- Leafeon (Grass) - You only need to use a Leaf Stone on them. You can find the location of the item in the following image, marked in green.
- Glaceon (Ice) - You only Need to use an Ice Stone on them. You can find the location of the item in the following image, marked in blue.