Arkansas cuts quarterback Kade Renfro after accusations of sexual assault. What do we know?
Arkansas Football is facing some questions after one of their players was accused of sexual assault. Though they’ve since cut ties, those questions must be answered.
With the nature of the accusations against him and the quantity of women who have alleged that they were victims, the situation surrounding the Razorbacks’ signal caller is murkier than ever. With that said, we can only wait for the legal process to occur before assuming the worst.
Arkansas’ Kade Renfro implicated in sexual assault & harassment case
According to an announcement from the school on Thursday, Arkansas backup quarterback, Kade Renfro, was dismissed from the team after allegations of sexual assault and harassment were posted on social media earlier in the week. It is understood that the school took the decision after several women anonymously shared allegations against the player. Some of the accounts were accompanied by photos in which signs of physical abuse could be seen.
“Upon gaining knowledge of the allegations against a student-athlete earlier this week, we immediately informed the University’s Title IX office of the allegations,” Arkansas athletics said in a statement. “The student-athlete is no longer a member of the football team.”
What else do we know about Kade Renfro?
It’s worth noting that at the time of writing, Renfro was still officially enrolled at the university. A junior for the redshirts, who was about to enter his third year with the program, Renfro actually transferred from Ole Miss back in 2021 after beginning his college career there. Though considered a decent talent, he failed to appear in a single game for the Rebels and has actually been sidelined during the last two seasons, as a result of ongoing knee issues.