Deadline day roundup
With the 2015-16 winter transfer window now firmly shut we look back at January’s comings and goings in the Spanish top flight.
With a player registration ban around the corner Atlético Madrid look to have added some Brazilian flair to their academy in the form of 18-year-old Sao Paulo forward Caio Henrique.
Word on the street yesterday morning was that Denis Cheryshev was on his way to join Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool, then the speculation turned to him going to Unai Emery’s Sevilla, however, it was Gary Neville’s Valencia who came in to claim the man who singlehandedly knocked Real Madrid out of the Copa del Rey as their own.
Getafe announced the arrival of Uruguayan international Álvaro Pereira to bolster Fran Escribà’s side.
OFICIAL | Álvaro Pereira, nuevo jugador del Getafe https://t.co/nwvFGHKvKj— Getafe C.F. (@GetafeCF) February 1, 2016
Granada decided to loan Neuton Sergiuo Piccoli to Albacete until the end of the season presumably to make room for Ricardo Costa. The former Valencia defender returns to LaLiga after spells in Greece and Qatar.
José Ramón Sandoval also managed to clinch former La Masía starlet Isaac Cuenca before the fax machine was unplugged.
Shortly after the cut-off time Málaga confirmed the arrival of promising the Uruguayan defender Federico Ricca. The Costa del Sol outfit had earlier made a deal to take Ikechukwu Uche off Villarreal’s hands.
Zaragoza have taken Sporting Gijón’s Alberto Guitián on loan for the rest of the season.
Following last week’s surprise Giuseppe Rossi signing, rock-bottom placed Levante reinforced further yesterday in the form of Carl Medjani, Lucas Orban and Joan Verdu.
Having never been able to lock down a place under Paco Jémez, Lass bid farewell to Rayo Vallecano yesterday to join Ligue 1 side Stade de Reims.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds