"I'm hurt by the image of Valencia we gave, not by songs"
Cheryshev spoke to the press after the official club captains refused: "I understand people are angry, I'm hurting too, we can't play like this".
Denis Cheryshev spoke to Canal+ Liga after their 7-0 demolition at Camp Nou, after an inauspicious night to make a debut. "We love you Cheryshev, we do" chorused around the Camp Nou, as the Catalan crowd enjoyed themselves as much in the stands as their players did on the pitch. A tough night to take for Valencia saw all the club captains refuse to conduct the pitch-side interview and Cheryshev stepped up to talk to the press.
7-0: "We're hurting for the way the game went. Not just because of the goals, but for the awful account of ourselves we gave. We were never in this game. I didn't see the penalty, I'm not getting into that. We gave a very poor image of ourselves but we have to get back up quickly, Liga is up next".
Fans: "I understand people are angry, I'm hurting too, we know Valencia can't play like this. We need to be united, now more than ever. After a result like this, we have no other choice".
Plan: "We needed to close down space and not let 'em get behind us so easily. They got ahead and we just couldn't stop them".
Songs from the Barça fans about Cadiz: "I don't listen to any of that. I tried to do my job as best I could, concentrating on that, I just want to do my job, the rest doesn't affect me".
Bitter taste from Madrid: "I learned an important lesson. I'm only interested in helping get the team get back up again".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds