MÁLAGA - REAL MADRID
Ramos hit first Real league goal at Málaga - from Zizou corner
The defender's current Real Madrid coach provided the pass for his maiden La Liga strike for Los Blancos, in a 2-0 win at La Rosaleda in December 2005.
Real Madrid's trip to face Málaga today sees captain Sergio Ramos return to the stadium where he scored his first La Liga goal for the club, just over ten years ago.
In a 2-0 victory for Los Blancos in December 2005, the defender gave his side the lead with a header from a corner kick, before Brazilian Robinho rounded off the scoring.
And who sent in the corner delivery? None other than legendary French midfielder Zinedine Zidane, now Ramos' boss at the Santiago Bernabéu.
Since getting off the mark for Real in the league, the Andalusian has found the net on 40 further occasions in the top flight, with 2006-07 and 2007-08 proving his most prolific seasons (five in each).
So far this term, the 29-year-old has one La Liga strike to his name, having fired in a spectacular effort in Madrid's defeat at Sevilla in week 11.
Against Málaga, Ramos has been on target a total of three times in the league for Real: after opening his account at La Rosaleda, he went on to score in that season's return at the Bernabéu, before also doing so in the closing stages of the 2014-15 campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham 'just a pony' in Premier League title race? Lampard disagrees with Mourinho
- CYBER MONDAY Cybermonday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair
- US Election Election USA 2020: why did Donald Trump pay $3 million for recount in Wisconsin?
- US News Cyber Monday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target
- US News Walmart, Amazon and Macy´s: Black Friday returns policies
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: latest on US coronavirus relief bill