The key to Alonso's McLaren MP4-31 is in the nose
Information on the new single-seater of the Asturian was leaked on the web just hours before its official presentation. As expected it's sleek and compact.
Powerful, compact and with a revolutionary nose. This is the new McLaren MP4-31 car that Fernando Alonso and his Honda team intend to get the best out of to be competitive again.
It is the first car manufactured by head coach Peter Prodromou and the second that carries the hybrid power unit of Honda. The most interesting element is its new nose: original, short and with various openings and aerodynamic features. Also, above the pilot's head there appears to be a kind of S-Duct. To the rear it is as compact as expected, although somewhat wider that last season to accommodate the larger engine. Either way it is still very sleek. A car in which the team have invested significantly and the improvements that have been all started way back in May 2015.
At 11:00 CET the car will be officially revealed, but the photographs planned for distribution to the press are already on the internet hours before thanks to an English specialist website, F1Fanatic which got its hands on them first.
Recommended in English
- NFL The Rams change ticket policy to restrict 49ers fans ahead of NFC Championship game
- NFL How did the Los Angeles Rams get their name? Origin and meaning
- NBA NBA round-up: Suns equal best-ever start, Garland matches LeBron in Cavs win
- NBA Lakers at Nets: times, TV and how to watch online, NBA 2021-22
- NBA NBA: Nets vs Lakers – injury news
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"