Totti: “I deserve more respect”
The Roma legend has a frosty relationship with his coach: "I barely speak with Spalletti anymore."
Roma star Francesco Totti has spoken out against Luciano Spalletti following his coach’s controversial interview with AS earlier this week in which he appeared to criticize the iconic striker.
“I manage Roma, not just Totti,” said Spalletti. “My objective is good results and I pick the team with that in mind, not a player’s backstory.”
Totti made clear that he was hurt by the situation. “I never said that I wanted to play,” he said. “I barely speak to Spalletti anymore. Our relationship is limited to saying hello and goodbye.
“In June I’ll assess my options because I can’t go on like this, I’m sorry. I’m having a tough time and so are the people around me. I deserve more respect for everything I’ve given the club."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?