COPA DEL REY
Felipe Reyes: "Sorry for being a pain, and always coming here"
Real Madrid’s captain ‘apologized’ to city Mayor Manuela Carmena for the team’s repeated appearances, celebrating triumphs at the town hall.
Real Madrid’s basketball team paraded the Copa del Rey which they won yesterday in A Coruña on a visit to Madrid’s town hall where the players were welcomed by city Mayor Manuela Carmena. The Madrid party arrived at 12:15, with hundreds of fans waiting outside in Sol to celebrate the third consecutive time that Pablo Laso’s team have lifted the trophy. The team also offered the Intercontinental Cup, won back in September in Brazil, to the crowds gathered outside.
“We’re sorry for being such nuisances, for coming here so often”, captain Felipe Reyes quipped in his speech addressed to Manuela Carmena. “But we plan to be even more of a nuisance – for a couple of times more at least”. Sunday’s Copa del Rey win was Madrid’s sixth trophy in two seasons and the club’s 26th – a tournament record.
Club president Florentino Pérez had words of gratitude for the players and the coaching staff for the victory. “I congratulate you all – especially Pablo Laso, Gustavo Ayón for ending as the MVP and also Alberto Herreros and Juan Carlos Sánchez”. Florentino also congratulated youth team coach Alberto Angulo, whose team collected the Minicopa in A Coruña.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?