COPA DEL REY
Felipe Reyes: "Sorry for being a pain, and always coming here"
Real Madrid’s captain ‘apologized’ to city Mayor Manuela Carmena for the team’s repeated appearances, celebrating triumphs at the town hall.
Real Madrid’s basketball team paraded the Copa del Rey which they won yesterday in A Coruña on a visit to Madrid’s town hall where the players were welcomed by city Mayor Manuela Carmena. The Madrid party arrived at 12:15, with hundreds of fans waiting outside in Sol to celebrate the third consecutive time that Pablo Laso’s team have lifted the trophy. The team also offered the Intercontinental Cup, won back in September in Brazil, to the crowds gathered outside.
“We’re sorry for being such nuisances, for coming here so often”, captain Felipe Reyes quipped in his speech addressed to Manuela Carmena. “But we plan to be even more of a nuisance – for a couple of times more at least”. Sunday’s Copa del Rey win was Madrid’s sixth trophy in two seasons and the club’s 26th – a tournament record.
Club president Florentino Pérez had words of gratitude for the players and the coaching staff for the victory. “I congratulate you all – especially Pablo Laso, Gustavo Ayón for ending as the MVP and also Alberto Herreros and Juan Carlos Sánchez”. Florentino also congratulated youth team coach Alberto Angulo, whose team collected the Minicopa in A Coruña.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win