Japanese designers Nikken Sekkei to oversee new Camp Nou
Local architect, Joan Pascual and Ramon Ausió Arquitectes will also be involved. Work is anticipated to start in 2017 and finish in 2021.
FC Barcelona will work alongside Japanese company Nikken Sekkei who in turn will work in tandem with local architects Joan Pascual and Ramon Ausió Arquitectes in the reform process of the Camp Nou stadium the Catalan club announced.
The final decision was taken by the Espai Barça committee (formed of five club directors, which included club president, Josep Maria Bartomeu, vice-president Susana Monje and board member Jordi Moix) along with three members of Collegi d’Arquitectes de Catalunya (Catalan architects body) and one member from Barcelona city council. After a long voting process where all members had to agree unanimously on a pitch, they titled towards the Japanese proposal.
On April 5, 2014, FC Barcelona club members voted to proceed with the renovation ‘Espai Barça’ imitative. The vote was swept through with 72% of the socis voting for the reform project on Barças ground. Work is expected to start in 2017 and the proposal is to carry out the building work in stages.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What has Biden said about Justice Breyer's replacement on the Supreme Court?
- SIGA SIGA Global Mentorship Program creating the next generation of female leaders
- NFL How many Super Bowls have the San Francisco 49ers won?
- NFL Chiefs fans donate $223K to Buffalo hospital to mark win vs Bills
- NBA Statue of Kobe and Gianna Bryant erected at crash site
- NBA Giannis admits Cavs deserves greater respect after Bucks win