BARCELONA - GETAFE | ÁNGEL TORRES
"Barça showed a complete lack of respect"
Getafe's president hasn't forgotten how Barcelona players trashed the dressing room at the Coliseum on the night of Halloween.
Getafe president Ángel Torres has not forgotten or forgiven Barcelona's behaviour the last time the two teams met on 31 October at the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez. Following the 0-2 win, Barcelona's players celebrated Halloween in the visitors' dressing room, causing damages. For that reason, Torres says he will not be making an appearance the traditional, pre-match directors lunch which all of the presdients in LaLiga attend before games, when Getafe are guests at Camp Nou on Saturday: "Barça showed disrespect for us and I don't think I will be going to the directors lunch", he told Cadena SER radio show El Larguero.
The incident Torres was referring to, involved members of the Barcelona squad who put on Halloween costumes and threw red paint all over the changing rooms. "Piqué behaved badly; everything which Barça did on the night of Halloween got out of hand".
Torres added: "No one from Barcelona called me to apologise for what happened. I will always defend my club and I will not allow anyone to walk all over us - for however big F.C. Barcelona think they are".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS How much will the Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustment increase be in 2022?
- NFL Minnesota Vikings DE, Everson Griffen out after car accident
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will AOC’s bill extend pandemic unemployment insurance until 2022?
- MLS Beckham increases MLS club Inter Miami ownership stake
- LIGUE 1 Phil Collins set for Parc des Prince return after PSG fans protest