Muguruza, close to tears, tells coach: "I don't want to play"
"I don't want to play any more. Do you think I'm going to fight being three games down in the second set", the player asked Sam SumykSuper Bowl 2018 live online: Patriots vs Eagles
Garbiñe Muguruza was close to tears as her coach Sam Sumyk tried to lift her spirits when she found herself three games down to USA's Christina Mchale in the second set of their second round match at Indian Wells. Sumyk did his best to encourage the Spanish player, saying: "She's willing to die for the ball, we're going to match that".
Muguruza replied with a terse response, in Spanish: "I'm not. I'm not going to die for the ball".
The conversation didn't end there, with Sumyk adding: "Are you talking to me in Spanish for the TV?".
Muguruzalost the game 7-5 and 6-1 bows out of the tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"