Muguruza, close to tears, tells coach: "I don't want to play"
"I don't want to play any more. Do you think I'm going to fight being three games down in the second set", the player asked Sam SumykSuper Bowl 2018 live online: Patriots vs Eagles
Garbiñe Muguruza was close to tears as her coach Sam Sumyk tried to lift her spirits when she found herself three games down to USA's Christina Mchale in the second set of their second round match at Indian Wells. Sumyk did his best to encourage the Spanish player, saying: "She's willing to die for the ball, we're going to match that".
Muguruza replied with a terse response, in Spanish: "I'm not. I'm not going to die for the ball".
The conversation didn't end there, with Sumyk adding: "Are you talking to me in Spanish for the TV?".
Muguruzalost the game 7-5 and 6-1 bows out of the tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- CORONAVIRUS What has Dr Fauci said about the covid-19 Delta variant and lockdowns?
- NFL Nick Foles plays down Colts trade talk: "I'm a Chicago Bear now"
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 03 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history