Muguruza, close to tears, tells coach: "I don't want to play"
"I don't want to play any more. Do you think I'm going to fight being three games down in the second set", the player asked Sam SumykSuper Bowl 2018 live online: Patriots vs Eagles
Garbiñe Muguruza was close to tears as her coach Sam Sumyk tried to lift her spirits when she found herself three games down to USA's Christina Mchale in the second set of their second round match at Indian Wells. Sumyk did his best to encourage the Spanish player, saying: "She's willing to die for the ball, we're going to match that".
Muguruza replied with a terse response, in Spanish: "I'm not. I'm not going to die for the ball".
The conversation didn't end there, with Sumyk adding: "Are you talking to me in Spanish for the TV?".
Muguruzalost the game 7-5 and 6-1 bows out of the tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- Covid-19 Coronavirus lock down in USA: which states and what measures have been applied?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid in talks with players over salary cuts
- Coronavirus Gerardo Martino “We are lucky to have high salaries so we must be supportive”
- FIFA Blatter denies bribery allegations in awarding of 2018 and 2022 World Cups
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Barcelona planning raid on Bernabéu for Gelabert
- Barcelona Messi's Barcelona exit would not be 'a drama' for LaLiga, says Tebas