Muguruza, close to tears, tells coach: "I don't want to play"
"I don't want to play any more. Do you think I'm going to fight being three games down in the second set", the player asked Sam SumykSuper Bowl 2018 live online: Patriots vs Eagles
Garbiñe Muguruza was close to tears as her coach Sam Sumyk tried to lift her spirits when she found herself three games down to USA's Christina Mchale in the second set of their second round match at Indian Wells. Sumyk did his best to encourage the Spanish player, saying: "She's willing to die for the ball, we're going to match that".
Muguruza replied with a terse response, in Spanish: "I'm not. I'm not going to die for the ball".
The conversation didn't end there, with Sumyk adding: "Are you talking to me in Spanish for the TV?".
Muguruzalost the game 7-5 and 6-1 bows out of the tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match