Muguruza, close to tears, tells coach: "I don't want to play"
"I don't want to play any more. Do you think I'm going to fight being three games down in the second set", the player asked Sam SumykSuper Bowl 2018 live online: Patriots vs Eagles
Garbiñe Muguruza was close to tears as her coach Sam Sumyk tried to lift her spirits when she found herself three games down to USA's Christina Mchale in the second set of their second round match at Indian Wells. Sumyk did his best to encourage the Spanish player, saying: "She's willing to die for the ball, we're going to match that".
Muguruza replied with a terse response, in Spanish: "I'm not. I'm not going to die for the ball".
The conversation didn't end there, with Sumyk adding: "Are you talking to me in Spanish for the TV?".
Muguruzalost the game 7-5 and 6-1 bows out of the tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- MLB trade deadline Yankees get Rizzo from Cubs, Schwarber to Red Sox
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 30: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- Tokyo Olympics: Fraser-Pryce dazzles but Ta Lou sets the standard in stunning women's sprint heats
- NBA Wizards reportedly trade Westbrook to LA Lakers in draft-night blockbuster