Mascherano: I can't enjoy playing for Barça
"El Jefecito", the Little Chief, always demands so much of himself and revealed in an interview with 'Libero' that the demands of his club prevent him enjoying the success.
Javier Mascherano, known as the Little Chief (El Jefecito), repeated what he has said in the past about wanting to finish his career back home in Argentina. And said that it may not be too far in the offing. He also confessed that it was impossible to enjoy the achievements that Barcelona have made due to the day-to-day demands. Playing with the stars in the team, however, was something he very much appreciated.
In his interview on the programme 'Libero' he explained that he feels his career had a before and an after upon joining Barcelona. And from this point he feels that his game has been enriched although it's difficult to enjoy everything they achieve.
"Barcelona has changed my views on how I see football," he remarked while clarifying the impossibility to enjoy it each day. "You don't have time. You're always focused on the next challenge. But there are unique moments such as playing alongside Iniesta, Leo, Neymar, Luis, Busquets..."
The Argentine midfielder-turned-defender is back with the national squad for upcomng friendlies prior to El Clásico and in the discussion he also talked about his desire to return to his homeland. "I don't know when but I feel the need to live in my own country because I miss it."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits with $600 boost: how many have applied?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd death in Minneapolis, live updates: police, riots and protests across US
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: would second Economic Impact Payment be the last?
- GEORGE FLOYD George Floyd and Derek Chauvin worked in the same nightclub
- Caso George Floyd George Floyd protests and riots across America: Nashville, Portland...
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: will there be a second round of payments in June?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today