Mascherano: I can't enjoy playing for Barça
"El Jefecito", the Little Chief, always demands so much of himself and revealed in an interview with 'Libero' that the demands of his club prevent him enjoying the success.
Javier Mascherano, known as the Little Chief (El Jefecito), repeated what he has said in the past about wanting to finish his career back home in Argentina. And said that it may not be too far in the offing. He also confessed that it was impossible to enjoy the achievements that Barcelona have made due to the day-to-day demands. Playing with the stars in the team, however, was something he very much appreciated.
In his interview on the programme 'Libero' he explained that he feels his career had a before and an after upon joining Barcelona. And from this point he feels that his game has been enriched although it's difficult to enjoy everything they achieve.
"Barcelona has changed my views on how I see football," he remarked while clarifying the impossibility to enjoy it each day. "You don't have time. You're always focused on the next challenge. But there are unique moments such as playing alongside Iniesta, Leo, Neymar, Luis, Busquets..."
The Argentine midfielder-turned-defender is back with the national squad for upcomng friendlies prior to El Clásico and in the discussion he also talked about his desire to return to his homeland. "I don't know when but I feel the need to live in my own country because I miss it."
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win