Real looking at Layún as cover for Marcelo - report
The media outlet Tiempo Real says that it has received confirmation of Madrid's interest in Porto's on-loan Mexican international.Real Madrid v. Fuenlabrada live online
Real Madrid are on the look-out for a left-back to provide cover for Marcelo and, according to reports in Tiempo Real, Porto's Mexico international Miguel Layún could be that man.
The news outlet claims that a source close to the Portuguese club, where the 27-year-old is currently plying his trade on loan from Premier League side Watford, has confirmed Los Blancos' interest in the player.
Layún is enjoying an excellent season at the Estádio do Dragão, where he has established himself as one of the domestic league's top assist-providers with a total of 18, while also chipping in with four goals in all competitions.
The defender - nicknamed the 'Expreso de Córdoba' - is a fixture in the Mexico team, featuring for the full 90 minutes in both of El Tri's recent World Cup qualifying wins over Canada.
However, Layún is not the only left-back thought to be on Madrid's radar, as Diario AS understands that Bayer Leverkusen's Wendell is also being tracked by the Bernabéu outfit.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What businesses accept payment with cryptocurrencies in the US?
- NFL How many times have the Los Angeles Rams reached the NFC NFL Conference Finals?
- NFL How many times have Cincinnati Bengals reached AFC Championship Game?
- SOCCER Cristiano Ronaldo complains about market valuation and asks for an explanation
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Spotify seal deal for Camp Nou naming rights
- 'I thought I was dreaming!' – Warriors star Wiggins reacts to All-Star selection