BARÇA - ATLETICO
Barcelona 18-12 Atlético
Both clubs have faced each other 30 times in home/away leg matches with Barcelona holding a historical advantage.
30 two legged head-to-heads: Barcelona and Atlético Madrid have faced each other on 30 times in official matches in a two legged tie (21 Copa del Rey ties, five Super cup games, three in the now defunct Copa de la Liga and once in the Champions League) with the Catalan side recording 18 wins (60%) and 12 defeats.
Home advantage. In 20 of the 30 ties ( 67%) the team who plays the second leg has progressed
Martino and Luis Enrique. During the Argentine's spell at the Catalan club, Barça and Atlético faced each other six times in diverse competitions with Atleti winning one and five games tied. Things have changed since Luis Enrique's arrival with Barcelona recording six consecutive wins in six games.
Barça record. Barcelona are the first club in the history of the European Cup to reach the last eight of the competition on nine consecutive seasons. The last time Barcelona failed to make the last eight was in the 2006/07 when Liverpool eliminated the Catalan giants.
Messi & Atleti. Messi has scored 25 goals in 28 games against Atlético Madrid and along with Sevilla (25 from 25 games) both teams are his favourite "victims". Messi has scored 10 goals in the quarter final stages of the Champions League (Cristiano has bagged 12) and has scored against Atleti in the past three games at Camp Nou.
Fernando Torres. Barcelona are the team that Fernando Torres has scored most goals against in his carear (10) . El Niño has put nine goals past the Catalan side in an Atlético shirt and one as a Chelsea player in the 2011-12 season which sealed the exit of Barça from the competition. Five of torres' goals have come at Camp Nou and five at the Calderon.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots