Arbeloa leaps to Benzema's defence after FFF decision
The Madrid full-back was eager to console his team mate, who learned this afternoon that he won't be with the France squad for EURO 2016.
Just minutes after Karim Benzema announced the French Football Federation's decision to exclude him from taking part in this summer's EURO 2016, for his involvement in the Valbuena Case, Álvaro Arbeloa came out to show solidarity with his club team mate. Arbeloa took to his Twitter account to publish the following message:: "I'm sorry for you, friend. They are losing a great person... and the best No.9 in the world! Always by your side!".
In the Mixed Zone following last night's Champions League quarter final return leg against Wolfsburg, Benzema was keeping all comments concerning his future with France close to his chest. Several French journalists did ask him about his feelings ahead of the FFF's meeting today to make their decision. "I'm relaxed" was all he said. On 11 December FFF president Noël Le Graët announced that Benzema had been kept apart from the France squad while his involvement in the Valbuena Case was being investigated. A restraining order was partially lifted by the French courts just over a month ago but that wasn't enough for the FFF to lift Benzema's suspension from activities with the national team.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future