Masters 1000 Monte Carlo
Monte Carlo crowd boo Rafa Nadal after he kills a bee
The Spanish tennis player was about to serve when he was distracted by the insect, which he killed with his racquet, to the crowd's disgust.
Rafa Nadal was looking to get into his 10th Monte Carlo final today, facing Scotland's Andy Murray in the semi-final, and he wasn't going to let anything break his focus.
Least of all a humble bee. So when one buzzed its way onto centre court while the Spaniard was serving he took drastic action... using his racquet to despatch the hapless creature.
The crowd at Monte Carlo though must be animal lovers (or at least honey lovers) as they reacted angrily to the event.
Nadal recovered from the incident to go on to beat Andy Murray 2-6, 6-4, 6-2. He'll play Monfils in Sunday's final. Bees be warned to stay away.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- Stimulus check Stimulus check: how to report missing payments and mistakes to the IRS
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check schedule: when could second round be voted on, passed and paid?
- CORONAVIRUS BioVyzr: the futuristic helmet to protect against Covid-19
- Barcelona Barcelona: Pochettino open to coaching Messi at Camp Nou