Masters 1000 Monte Carlo
Monte Carlo crowd boo Rafa Nadal after he kills a bee
The Spanish tennis player was about to serve when he was distracted by the insect, which he killed with his racquet, to the crowd's disgust.
Rafa Nadal was looking to get into his 10th Monte Carlo final today, facing Scotland's Andy Murray in the semi-final, and he wasn't going to let anything break his focus.
Least of all a humble bee. So when one buzzed its way onto centre court while the Spaniard was serving he took drastic action... using his racquet to despatch the hapless creature.
The crowd at Monte Carlo though must be animal lovers (or at least honey lovers) as they reacted angrily to the event.
Nadal recovered from the incident to go on to beat Andy Murray 2-6, 6-4, 6-2. He'll play Monfils in Sunday's final. Bees be warned to stay away.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo loving Sarri's new-look Juventus
- Premier League Pochettino: "This is the first time they've been in a tough period"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea: "I can understand why Giroud feels unhappy" admits Lampard
- FIFA CWC New 24 team FIFA Club World Cup set to be held in China
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola: Man City still not ready to win Champions League
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho joy at Liverpool's Old Trafford stalemate "The record is mine not theirs"