Masters 1000 Monte Carlo
Monte Carlo crowd boo Rafa Nadal after he kills a bee
The Spanish tennis player was about to serve when he was distracted by the insect, which he killed with his racquet, to the crowd's disgust.
Rafa Nadal was looking to get into his 10th Monte Carlo final today, facing Scotland's Andy Murray in the semi-final, and he wasn't going to let anything break his focus.
Least of all a humble bee. So when one buzzed its way onto centre court while the Spaniard was serving he took drastic action... using his racquet to despatch the hapless creature.
The crowd at Monte Carlo though must be animal lovers (or at least honey lovers) as they reacted angrily to the event.
Nadal recovered from the incident to go on to beat Andy Murray 2-6, 6-4, 6-2. He'll play Monfils in Sunday's final. Bees be warned to stay away.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane