Top two star in PFA team of the year
Title contenders Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur provided eight players in the Professional Footballers' Association Premier League team of the year.
Title contenders Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur provided eight players in the Professional Footballers' Association Premier League team of the year announced Thursday.
Leicester, who currently lead the league by five points from second-placed Spurs, provided four players in skipper Wes Morgan, N'Golo Kante, Riyad Mahrez and England striker Jamie Vardy.
Tottenham too had a quartet of their own in the line-up with Toby Alderweireld, Danny Rose, Dele Alli and Harry Kane, Vardy's England strike partner, all selected by their fellow players in the English top flight.
Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea, Arsenal full-back Hector Bellerin and West Ham United playmaker Dimitri Payet completed the notional XI.
Arsenal's Mesut Ozil was the only nominee for the PFA player of the year award not to make it into the side.
PFA team of the year: David de Gea (Manchester United); Hector Bellerin (Arsenal), Wes Morgan (Leicester), Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham), Danny Rose (Tottenham); Riyad Mahrez (Leicester), Dele Alli (Tottenham), N'Golo Kante (Leicester), Dimitri Payet (West Ham); Jamie Vardy (Leicester), Harry Kane (Tottenham)
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series