10 years since one of football's funniest ever own goals
In April 2006, Bury's Chris Brass went down in footballing history with one of the most comic defensive howlers ever captured by TV cameras.
Exactly a decade has passed since a football funny that remains a firm internet favourite - and whose unfortunate star no doubt still feels rather 'brassed off'.
In April 2006, Bury player Chris Brass produced one of the most comic own goals ever captured by TV cameras.
Attempting an overhead clearance in a clash with Darlington, Brass succeeded only in cannoning the ball off his face and past his keeper, current Leicester City star Kasper Schmeichel.
And his hilarious howler left him not only with egg on his face, but also a badly bruised nose to boot.
Try watching it without laughing. Go on, try.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass