Vidal again left out of Barça squad as Piqué returns
The ex-Sevilla man has once more been excluded from Los Azulgranas' matchday list. There is also no room for Douglas.
Barcelona have announced their squad for their LaLiga clash with Sporting Gijón tonight (20:30 CEST), with boss Luis Enrique again finding no place for Aleix Vidal.
Centre-back Gerard Piqué is back after serving a one-match suspension in Los Azulgranas' 8-0 thrashing of Deportivo La Coruña on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Brazilian defender Douglas, who came into Barça's travelling party for the midweek fixture at Riazor, drops off the list.
Barcelona's 18-man squad to face Sporting is: Ter Stegen, Bravo, Piqué, Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Dani Alves, Arda, Iniesta, Suárez, Messi, Neymar, Rafinha, Mascherano, Bartra, Munir, Jordi Alba, Sergi Roberto and Adriano.
Enrique is expected to name his strongest XI: Bravo; Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic; Messi, Neymar and Suárez.
However, Javier Mascherano could be rested, with Marc Bartra replacing the Argentine at the heart of the defence.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston