Vidal again left out of Barça squad as Piqué returns
The ex-Sevilla man has once more been excluded from Los Azulgranas' matchday list. There is also no room for Douglas.
Barcelona have announced their squad for their LaLiga clash with Sporting Gijón tonight (20:30 CEST), with boss Luis Enrique again finding no place for Aleix Vidal.
Centre-back Gerard Piqué is back after serving a one-match suspension in Los Azulgranas' 8-0 thrashing of Deportivo La Coruña on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Brazilian defender Douglas, who came into Barça's travelling party for the midweek fixture at Riazor, drops off the list.
Barcelona's 18-man squad to face Sporting is: Ter Stegen, Bravo, Piqué, Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Dani Alves, Arda, Iniesta, Suárez, Messi, Neymar, Rafinha, Mascherano, Bartra, Munir, Jordi Alba, Sergi Roberto and Adriano.
Enrique is expected to name his strongest XI: Bravo; Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic; Messi, Neymar and Suárez.
However, Javier Mascherano could be rested, with Marc Bartra replacing the Argentine at the heart of the defence.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente