Ankle woe rules Hastings out of Windies tour
Australian fast bowler John Hastings has been ruled out of the one-day tri-series tour of the West Indies with an ankle injury and will be replaced by Scott Boland.
Australian fast bowler John Hastings has been ruled out of the upcoming one-day tri-series tour of the West Indies with an ankle injury and will be replaced by Scott Boland.
Hastings, 30, hurt his ankle during the Indian Premier League and returned home for scans which revealed he needed surgery to remove bone spurs. “John had this surgery over the weekend and now requires a period of rest to resolve the bone stress and recover from surgery before he will resume bowling,” said Cricket Australia medical official Alex Kountouris.
Boland joins a pace attack that also features Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, and Nathan Coulter-Nile. Australia begin the tri-series in Guyana on 6 June against South Africa before facing the hosts four days later at the same venue. The round-robin tournament sees teams play three matches against each opponent, with the top two advancing to the final on 26 June in Barbados.
Te recomendamos en English
- BORUSSIA M. 2 - REAL MADRID 2 Real Madrid: Benzema hits out at Vinícius, according to Téléfoot
- Barcelona aiming to end Juventus hoodoo, Mbappe eyes more away-day joy – Champions League in Opta numbers
- European Super League European Super League: a "hostile takeover" of Champions League
- FOOTBALL Manchester United to move for Leipzig's Upamecano - rumour has it
- MLB Dodgers beat Rays to end 32-year World Series drought
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?