Ankle woe rules Hastings out of Windies tour
Australian fast bowler John Hastings has been ruled out of the one-day tri-series tour of the West Indies with an ankle injury and will be replaced by Scott Boland.
Australian fast bowler John Hastings has been ruled out of the upcoming one-day tri-series tour of the West Indies with an ankle injury and will be replaced by Scott Boland.
Hastings, 30, hurt his ankle during the Indian Premier League and returned home for scans which revealed he needed surgery to remove bone spurs. “John had this surgery over the weekend and now requires a period of rest to resolve the bone stress and recover from surgery before he will resume bowling,” said Cricket Australia medical official Alex Kountouris.
Boland joins a pace attack that also features Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, and Nathan Coulter-Nile. Australia begin the tri-series in Guyana on 6 June against South Africa before facing the hosts four days later at the same venue. The round-robin tournament sees teams play three matches against each opponent, with the top two advancing to the final on 26 June in Barbados.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid won't let Brazilians play in Pre-Olympics
- MANCHESTER UNITED "Haaland knows what he wants to do", says Man United boss Solskjaer
- TOTTENHAM Mourinho hails Tottenham unity in Wolves win
- Milan need too many chances to score, says Pioli
- BARCELONA Griezmann on debut Clásico: "It's going to be an incredible day"
- RAYO - ALBACETE Rayo-Albacete game suspended after nazi insults to Zozulia