MUTUA MADRID OPEN
Williams out of Madrid Open
The women's world number one has opted to withdraw from the tournament in the Spanish capital, it was confirmed on Friday.
"Unfortunately, I have to withdraw from Madrid because I've been battling the flu and I'm not at 100 percent. I look forward to returning soon," Williams said in a statement.
Agnieszka Radwanska is now the top seed at the event.
Recommended in English
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- NFL Mac Jones continues his case as best rookie QB of the season
- NFL Cam Newton’s dreams of being Panthers savior shattered
- SOCCER 2021 Ballon d'Or awards ceremony: times, TV, how to watch and stream