Mothers Day tribute as Alcorcon wear shirts with mothers' names
Sunday is Mothers Day in Spain and second division club AD Alcorcon plan their own tribute with all players using shirts featuring their mothers' names.
Sunday May 1st is Mothers Day in Spain with second division outfit AD Alcorcon planning a unique tribute to the mothers of all squad players. For one day only Alcorcon players will have the names of their mothers on the back of their match-day shirts instead of their regulation player registered names.
The tribute will take place in tomorrow's home game at their compact Santo Domingo ground as the club from the Madrid suburbs welcome promotion chasing Osasuna.
The match worn shirts will be later raffled in the local area and the club's kit manufactures will produce a second batch of shirts that will be presented to each mother at a private club event in the forthcoming weeks.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth