De Gea receives player of the year award and Van Gaal speech
The goalkeeper won his third consecutive player of the year award for Manchester United and was presented it with a rather exuberant speech by Louis van Gaal.
It's that time of the year again when awards are handed out at clubs throughout the land. This year, as has happened for the last two, Manchester United gave the top player trophy to goalkeeper, David De Gea.
Handing over the award was manager, Louis van Gaal, and the Dutchman wanted to say a few words to his impressive stopper. But more than just a congratulations, he also touched on the Spaniard's girlfriend, family and links to Real Madrid.
Watch David's face as the flow of the discourse become slightly more uncomfortable than it really needed to...
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August