Sevilla's Tremoulinas to miss finals with a ruptured meniscus
The French left-back reappeared last night after three weeks on the sidelines but suffered a relapse. He will miss the Copa and Europa League finals.
There was one blot on Sevilla's celebrations as they qualified for this month's Europa League final last night. Benoît Tremoulinas, who reappeared in last night' semi-final return leg against Shakhar, tore the external meniscus inside his left knee late on in the game and will miss what remains of the season. The French left-back will miss the Europa League final against Liverpool on 18 May and the Copa del Rey final against Barcelona four days later at the Calderón. Chances of him being available for selection for next month's EURO 2016 with France are also slim.
It leaves Unai Emery with just Sergio Escudero as the team's only naturally left-sided full-back although the coach could use Timothée Kolodziejczak 'Kolo' in the position; he has been deployed as a central defender during his time at the Sánchez Pizjuán although he started out on the left when he was starting out in France.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother