Suitcases arrive in Granada
David Barral and Isaac Cuenca receive a suitcase not exactly stuffed with cash at Los Carmenes: "There's not even enough for pipas!"
Granada players David Barral and Isaac Cuenca received Spanish TV channel Cuatro reporters who asked about rumours that Real Madrid was to pay Granada players a big bonus if they could help los blancos lift the title by taking points off Barcelona.
.@Kelava: "I can promise that all the players will be as professional as we can possibly be."— Granada C.F. (@GranadaCdeF_en) 11 May 2016
A suitcase with some fake notes was handed to the players, who treated the scene with a good sense of humour "there isn't even enough for pipas (sunflower seeds that Spanish fans across the country eat during games) in here, bring us another three or four suitcases!"
Cuenca is and ex-Culé, and Barral an ex-madridista, as Granada finds itself in the middle of the eternal enemies' struggle for La Liga. A win will give Barcelona their 24th La Liga title, anything less may open the door to a very unlikely los blancos title win.
"Nobody from either team has contacted us", say the players, "we're going to try and win this game because it's our job, because we're profesionals". Both asked to predict the score, Cuenca goes for a 2-0 Granada win, while Barral predicts a 1-1 draw.
The fate of La Liga awaits in Granada...
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong