Lora: "It’s been a tough season; we’ve been through a lot"
"When we heard the stadium cheer we knew Betis had scored," said the Sporting defender after his side's escape against Villarreal.
Sporting Gijón stalwart Alberto Lora spoke of his joy at the side ensuring their Primera División survival after a 2-0 victory over Villarreal in El Molinón on Sunday night.
Fans: “We want to acknowledge all the people that filled the stadium, those that were supporting us outside, and of course Manolo Preciado.”
Survival: “It’s there to be enjoyed. It’s been a tough season, we’ve been through a lot. With a lot of belief and a little bit of luck we were able to stay up.”
Other results: “We just tried to stay focused on our match but it’s inevitable that you have half an eye on the other game. When we heard the stadium cheer we knew Betis had scored.”
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes