PSG's Marco Verratti undergoes groin surgery
According to PSG, the Italian playmaker's "operation was a success". While the 23-year-old has been ruled out of Euro 2016, he is expected to be fully fit ahead of next season.
Paris Saint-Germain's Italy international midfielder Marco Verratti has undergone surgery on a persistent groin injury, his club confirmed on Monday.
'As previously announced by the Club, Marco Verratti underwent surgery on Monday 16 May, at the Aspetar Hospital in Doha,' read a statement released by the French champions, who added 'the operation was a success.'
Verratti has been troubled by the injury for several months and PSG announced at the beginning of May that the 23-year-old required an operation and would not be able to feature for his country at Euro 2016 as a result.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series