Sevilla arrive in Basel in the middle of a taxi strike
Sevilla are staying at the centrally-located Pullman hotel, close to their supporters' fan zone in Claraplatz. The team trains tonight at 19:30 in Saint Jakob Park.
Sevilla arrived at Basel airport (which curiously is in French territory) at 12:50 CEST and by 13:20 they were at the Pullman Hotel, where they will rest and mentally prepare themselves for tomorrow's Europa League final against Liverpool. The Sevilla party were picked up directly from the tarmac and taken straight to the team hotel but on the journey, they were surprised to see a taxi strike had practically collapsed the city centre. Unai Emery led a modest expedition which included just a couple of club cameramen and a couple of local media outlets.
Sevilla will have an early dinner and rest until later this evening when they will be driven to St. Jakob-Park for one final training session ahead of the match - the first 15 minutes of which will be open to the international media. It's a stadium they know well - they eliminated FC Basel in the Last 16 stage en route to the final.
The Pullman Hotel where the Sevilla squad are staying is situated in Clarastrasse in the Altstadt Kleinbasel district, close to the Claraplatz where travelling Sevilla fans will spend the hours running up to the match at the official Fan Zone.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Bale becomes a big problem
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid confirm Lucas Vázquez injury
- World Cup 2022 Three years until 2022 Qatar World Cup kicks off
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs draw: how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Chelsea, game of the weekend
- REAL MADRID-REAL SOCIEDAD Odegaard: "If I score against Real Madrid, I won't celebrate"