Referee Jonas Eriksson misses two first-half Liverpool penalties
Liverpool incensed after two clear penalty shouts were ignored by Swede Jonas Eriksson: Carricio handled a Sturridge through ball, then Krychowiak handled low from Firmino.
The referee missed two clear penalties for handball in the first half that would have given Liverpool the chance to go in at the break leading 3-0, Carricio handled a Sturridge through ball on 12', Lovren had a headed goal disallowed on 40' then Krychowiak handled low from Firmino, but Swede Jonas Eriksson let the game go on.
39: Lovren heads the ball in but Sturridge is in the 'keeper's way in an offside position so the goal is disallowed (1-0)— Liverpool FC (@LFC) 18 May 2016
On a night of controversy that saw fighting break out before the first whistle, the confrontation moved to the pitch and the Liverpudlians could feel a little hard-done-by at half-time.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness